Valve body has threaded inlet and outlet sized to 1-1/2 inch schedule 40 pipe. The inlet and outlet are 90° to each other. The body inlet and outlet threads can be NPT, BSPT, BSPP or ORB (SAE J1926-1). Valve is available with metal or Teflon poppet. Valve material is E-coated ductile iron (or Nickel plated) with steel main spring and stainless steel poppet spring. The valve has an independent poppet to prevent back flow during operation.
The rated pressure drop is 1 psi (0.07 bar) @ 350 scfm (9.91m³/min) airflow (valve actual operating condition is @ 100 psig (6.90 barg) inlet pressure and 180°F (82.2°C) (fluid temperature). Here a scfm is one cubic foot per minute of air at 14.696 psia (1.01325 bara), 60°F (15.555°C) and 0.0% relative humidity.
- TFE: Rated at 250 psig, 250°F (17.2 barg, 121°C)
- Metal: Rated at 600 psig, 300°F (41.4 barg, 149°C)
1) Valve can have auxiliary ports on the outlet side and/or inlet side of the poppet
2) Valve height can change as cracking pressure changes
3) Valve can be ordered as a high pressure check valve. The main spring is removed, stroke set and the poppet spring is set to meet customer requirements.